I don’t get all wrapped up in Valentine’s Day and the big deal the world makes it out to be. It has become a day to spend a lot of money and as a mother of four I don’t like spending a lot of money. But I do like making special gifts for others and expressing my affection towards the ones I love. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike Valentine’s Day. I just don’t understand why only one day should be allotted for showing our love to others.
With that said, there are so many resources and great DIY projects out there but how do you pick which ones to do. I have been on the look out for some really easy, inexpensive ideas for the big day. As Valentine’s Day is fast approaching I want to share some of my favorite new finds.
1. First and foremost, Who loves Big Hero 6?? Baymax is a huge hit especially at my house. My younger three kiddos LOVED the movie! We don’t go to the movie theatre very often but my husband and I thought the kids would like it.
They did and so did Mom and Dad!!
2. What do you do when sending just one valentine message to your loved ones just doesn’t feel like enough?
Then you create some very special “Open When…” letters. This is such a cool idea. I think I am going to try and do this for each of my children in their birth month. I am really loving how you can change it up to fit your personality! A big thanks goes to the very awesome blog, Bravely!!!
3. Valentine’s Day appears to be mostly geared toward the female gender. But we don’t want to forget the men in our lives, whether that be our dad, brother, boyfriend, husband, best bud or any other guy in your life!! Here are some practical ideas for the boys for valentine’s day from Bravely!
4. Since having children and being a mother for the past 15 years I know how much kids love valentine’s day. My kids like making gifts for others instead of buying the pre-made cards to hand out. We have purchased them in the past to use but they enjoy making things for others much more than just buying for others. I really like these Valentine’s Day Magnets from The Life You Live!
5. How about a gift the kids can make all by them selves and you only need two inexpensive ingredients? That is right up my alley. Check out the Glue Valentine Cards from Sarah Titus at Saving Money Never Goes Out of Style! These are very cute and you can let your creative side come out to make them your own.
So there you go. When you don’t know what to get that special valentine and you want to something different check these out. I want to thank all the creative folks that came up with these ideas!!!! Happy Valentine’s Day!